Vacation Rental Permits
As of October 2018, you may use your dwelling as a short-term rental for less than 30-days at a time with an Archuleta County Vacation Rental Permit. A Vacation Rental Permit must be approved before you begin short-term rentals.
CURRENTLY PERMITTED PROPERTIES (as of 6/29/2020)
To begin the Vacation Rental Permit Application process, please click here and create an account.
Once your account is verified, you will need to link your property as a business by entering the six-digit account number and unique activation code associated with the property in the system. To get these pieces of information, you may contact Pamela Flowers (email@example.com) or MUNIRevs Support Desk.
After that, the system will walk you through the process step by step. During the process, you will need the following items to be scanned and uploaded to the system:
- Proof of Ownership or Agent Authorization (if not the owner)
- Site Sketch showing parking available for guest use
- San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH) OWTS Permit if there is a septic system or statement that there is no septic system on the property
- Proof of Sales Tax Registration
- Proof of Property/Homeowner’s Association Notification or statement the property is not part of homeowner or property owner association
- Vacation Rental Property Disclosure Form (downloadable within system or by clicking here)
After these items are uploaded, you will be prompted to pay your annual fee of $400 either via credit card or e-check. Once the fees are paid, county staff will review your submissions, and if everything is in order, you will receive your permit, good for 12 months, via email.
The final step is for the County Code Enforcement Officer to conduct a brief walk-thru verification inspection within your home. Either the Local Contact or the Owner will be contacted to arrange this inspection.
Please Note: A Vacation Rental Permit does not transfer from seller to buyer upon a change of property ownership. New owners must apply for their own permit BEFORE they begin renting their property for short-term rentals.
Please contact Pamela Flowers (970) 264-8381, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For assistance with a problem related to a Vacation Rental Unit or its guests, you may contact:
24-HOUR VACATION RENTAL COMPLAINT HOTLINE: (970) 512-8107
Please Note: We are not obligated to investigate anonymous complaints, but names will remain confidential.