Food Assistance

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

The federal food assistance program (SNAP) is available for income-eligible individuals and families.  It's not necessary to be receiving other assistance in order to be eligible, but people don't receive food assistance automatically — income-eligible individuals and families must apply and be determined eligible. Food assistance can be used to buy food only. Alcoholic beverages, pet food, tobacco, paper products, or other nonfood items cannot be purchased with food assistance benefits. If determined eligible the benefit amount will be placed in an electronic account which can be accessed by individuals through the Colorado Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) system. EBT cards are accepted by most grocery stores.

Please refer to Colorado Program Eligibility and Application Kit for eligibility.  

There are also several Food Banks locally that may assist with food assistance.  Information on those food banks and hours of operation are listed below.

Food Banks

Community United Methodist Church

 434 Lewis St.

(970) 264-5508

Tuesday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

2nd Tuesday of the Month

Noon- Care and Share

St. Patrick Episcopal Church

225 S Pagosa Blvd

(970) 731-5801

Thursday’s 10:00 am to 2:00 pm

Amazing Grace Community Church

77 Navajo Circle

(970) 444-2111

Wednesday 10am-1pm

Sunday 10am- 1pm

Loaves and Fishes

Parish Hall-Free Lunch
451 Lewis Street

Thursday’s from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm

John Paul II

353 S Pagosa Blvd


Wednesday’s 10am-Noon


Restoration Fellowship Church

Care & Share Food Pantry

264 Village Drive


Sunday’s Noon (after Sunday Service)

3rd Monday of the Month

Noon- 2pm Archuleta TEFAP & CSFP Food Drop (income guidelines do apply)

Delivery available upon approval
Senior Food Boxes also available

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.